Google met with Trump’s Doj in an effort to avoid the historical division of the search giant

Google is asking President Trump’s Justice Department to abandon its plans to disrupt its illegal monopoly while searching online – and argued that it would endanger national security.

In November, former President Joe Biden’s former Department of Justice said in court files that Google should be sought to sell his web browser and end his exclusive agreements with Apple and other companies to ensure that his search engine is activated as a default on most smartphones.

During a meeting last week, officials from Google Alphabet’s parent company asked the current leadership to make it easier for the proposed remedies, reported Tuesday Bloomberg, citing sources familiar with the issue.


Turmpa president
Google Alphabet’s parent met with President Donald Trump’s government last week and encouraged them to withdraw from a push to disrupt the search engine company. AFP your getty images

“We meet routinely with regulators, including with doj to discuss this case,” said a Google spokesman in a state. “As we have publicly said, we are concerned that current proposals would damage the American economy and national security.”

Google’s parents’ alphabet shares were flat in early trade on Wednesday.

US District Judge Ait Mehta decided last August that Google is a “monopoly” with illegal maintenance while searching online, where he controls a portion of approximately 90% of the market. Mehta will be president on hearing sessions for possible remedies next month, with a final decision expected later this summer.

Google’s leading legal official Kent Walker described the company’s concerns about Biden Doj’s proposals in a blog after last November, claiming that a forced sales of Chrome or the company’s Android operating system would “endanger the safety and privacy of millions”.


Google Sundar Pichai General Director with Poland Prime Minister Donald Tusk last month.
The Justice Department is currently following two anti-monopolies against Google-one on search and another advertising technology. Above, Google Sundar Pichai’s CEO with Poland Prime Minister Donald Tusk last month. AFP your getty images

“The approach will result in unprecedented government overload that would harm consumers, developers and small businesses – and would endanger America’s global economic and technological leadership at the time when more is needed,” Walker said at the time.

Gail Slater, an antitrust hawk, is set to be the chief of antitrust to be loved after the confirmation process is completed. The Senate Judicial Committee advanced its nomination last week, but the upper room has not yet set a complete vote.

Meanwhile, Omed Assefi is serving in the lead role in a temporary capacity. Assefi will notify the final recommendations for the final recommendations for remedies in the Google search issue later this week.

Doj has a special case pending accusing Google of maintaining a monopoly on digital advertising technology by checking platforms on the purchase and sale side, as well as the market that connects advertisers with publishers.

#Google #met #Trumps #Doj #effort #avoid #historical #division #search #giant
Image Source : nypost.com

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top